Friday, February 10, 2012

An Exercise In Manners.

Pain shoots through my nerves. I cling the back of my head. Already I can feel blood.

How smart of me to stand up directly underneath the metal sign swaying idly in the wind. I look up, cringing as I focus out the sun setting over the low rolling mountains and try to make the old sign clear: "The Mannered Bare."

Holding my head, I sigh and head back in, first for some ice and paper towl, and second, because I still haven't gotten the answer to the question that's been tumbling around my head, even before I knocked it.

Boss walks in. I pounce, "You do realize, you've named this tavern in error?"

He looks a little amused.

I continue, "You've created a name of great personification, but its nonsense. It is made up of two adjectives."

He smiles, I frown.

He looks at me for a long moment before quizzing me, "What's wrong with your head?"

I fall down.

No comments:

Post a Comment